The experience of writing your own book as a librarian



IN this article, Tonderayi Chanakira talks about how he managed to publish his first book titled Tonderayi’s Way: Memories of a Diaspora Librarian, to become an author and what inspired him to write his own book. HE also talks about the difficulties of publishing a book from the time it is originated as a manuscript to the time it gets to printers. Chanakira urges fellow librarians to write their own books as a way of contributing to the development of the book industry in Namibia as well as developing the library profession in general. I have worked in the library industry for a period clocking 27 years now and this was a major driver that inspired me to think of writing my own book as I felt I had my own library story line to contribute to a profession I have served for many years.

https://www.newsday.co.zw/2015/03/07/the-experience-of-writing-your-own-book-as-a-librarian/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ICTs and HIV/AIDS Literacy: Appropriate tools and applications for an effective information dissemination service for Zimbabwean libraries

Infopreneurship: Solutions for the unemployed LIS aspirants

Open Source Open Access: a Hot Library Combo